MEP Revit Leader - Job Opportunity
As MEP Revit Leader, you will work with our engineers and co-ordinate with other offices, disciplines and project team architects to develop and maintain JODA MEP Revit standards and procedures to support JODA’s engineering appointments.
Assist the Senior Building Services Engineer(s) with the following:
- RMEP Revit and AutoCAD Building Services drawing production.
- Lead the set-up, maintenance, and development of our project MEP Revit models.
- Oversee and lead in the development of BIM Execution Plans for projects.
- Create electronic data files in compliance with JODA and client requirements.
- Convert sketch mark-ups to document-ready work.
- Publish, post, and manage drawing issue sets.
- Maintain drawing revisions.
- Add insight and makes recommendations to add efficiencies and value to BIM production.
- Act as liaison for BIM related subject matter both internally and externally.
- Develop interdisciplinary standards and process improvements related to BIM project delivery.
- Provide direction and assists project teams with project setup and delivery.
- Work with project engineers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation.
- Develop MEP Revit families and other electronic template materials following industry standard guidelines.
- Review projects for adherence to JODA and building standards.
- Evaluate and recommend BIM related software and updates.
- Provides in-house BIM support and staff training including:
- Internal Training: Provide Revit MEP Fundamental and Intermediate training to staff
- Assist other staff with Revit issues and mentor design staff in Design Technology systems use.
- Conduct internal continuing education Revit MEP training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to new staff regarding BIM tools
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams
- Adds insight and makes recommendations to add efficiencies and value to BIM production.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of Revit; and how they are applied within the built environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Building Information Modelling.
- Revit family creation and maintenance.
- Skilled at clash detection in Revit. Clash detection skills with Navisworks is preferred.
- Familiarity with methods of design to support the MEP engineering field.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with structural, architectural, and MEP design within the built environment is preferred.
Education and Experience
Certificate from technical college and at least 5 years of relevant experience with Revit, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related experience in the architectural/engineering/contractor industry.
By email to marianmccarthy(at)joda.ie
Please note that all enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence